September 23, 2003It's been what...two weeks since my last modification? I've got $1.67 just burning a hole in my pocket!
Ok, so once again I'm considering the programmer. Has anyone lived with this device for a while to offer feedback? Namely...
1. Using the fair and objective "butt into the back of the seat" test, is it worth it?
2. Does it accurately calibrate the speedo/odo for the 20's?
3. Does it require one to purchase premium unleaded? (Hmmm...$2.25/gal...26 gallon tank...anyone have a tissue?)
4. Is it necessary to replace the thermostat with a 160-degree one?
5. Does it affect engine reliability at all?
I've got a 5.3L with the K&N FIPK and Granatelli MAF. The truck is a daily driver (to the tune of 55 miles/day). I'd like it to have a little more go power, but not at the risk of damaging the engine....or my wallet. (I do enough damage to the latter on my own.)
Thanks in advance,