April 27, 2004Not sure if anyone has posted this, but this is a pretty simple way to get a clean engine bay.
1. Take the car to the Car Wash and power wash out the engine bay (use some common sense here when spraying around electrical stuff)
2. Let the engine bay completely dry
3. Spray the engine bay with foaming tire spray (I prefer the cheapo STP stuff in a yellow can) and let it sit.
4. After a couple of hours wipe down any puddles of spray that may have accumulated.
5. You now have a shiny new looking engine bay. This is a great "trick" to do when you are getting ready to sell a car. I had a 98' Mountaineer that had over 100K miles on it and whenever I took it to get the oil changed the guys didn't believe me the mileage was correct because the engine bay looked so clean. If I get the energy I will try to post some before and after pics for you.